Soundsory is an innovative headset developed by Tomatis Development S.A. The multisensory program contributes to the improvement of motor, cognitive, speech skills, as well as the maturation of the nervous system as a whole.
The intensive course includes:
1. Primary diagnostics.
2. Soundsory program.
3. Individual neurocorrection program.
4. Final and intermediate diagnostics.
This program is suitable for children and adults with:
– DSD (delayed speech development);
– DPSD (delayed psycho-speech development);
– Delayed motor development, coordination and balance;
– Dyslexia, Dyscalculia;
– SPD (sensory processing disorder);
– ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder);
– Apathy and exhaustion;
– Syndrome of chronic fatigue.
1. Rhythm – when our brain hears rhythmic music, it begins to think that the body is moving. Rhythmic processes are very important for life and such simple processes as breathing, chewing, walking, as well as for the further ability to learn to speak, read and feel the time. A clear rhythm in music connects our vestibular and auditory systems, which means it develops motor skills, improves speech understanding, and also improves brain function in general. Specially selected music in Soundsory allows the brain to feel the rhythm in full, which contributes to the development of auditory attention.
2. Music – Music in Soundsory is specially timed so that the brain gets used to the rhythm, but the time of each melody is limited just enough to make the brain work again at full capacity when another melody starts playing. Each day of listening is organized so that the changing tempo and sound form new neural connections and thus support neuroplasticity.
3. Air and bone conduction system – the headphones are equipped with a bone conduction system, which allows sound and vibration to reach the vestibular apparatus through the bones of the skull. This provides a good training in perception, since the brain has to perceive through 2 Channels at the same time – through the bone and through the ear.
4. Exercises – for each child, after the initial diagnosis, an exercise program is selected and compiled. These can be exercises for the integration of reflexes, the development of interhemispheric interaction, cerebellar stimulation, sensory integration, etc. This makes it possible to form a body map, improve the perception of one’s body and the surrounding space, as well as reading, writing and mathematics skills, since neuromotor maturity is the basis for successful schooling.
The processes of auditory perception and auditory attention are improved, indicators of neuromotor maturity of the nervous system are improved, primitive reflexes are integrated, the development of bodily and external space improves, the processes of recovery and neuroplasticity of the brain are launched.
How does this happen?
All exercises are performed in a playful way. Also, at the end of the course, repeated testing is carried out to evaluate the results of the work. Parents are given a conclusion that describes the dynamics, as well as recommendations for further work. The program consists of 4 courses. Course 10 lessons of 30 minutes.