Speech therapy – translated from Greek – “speech perception” – the science of speech development disorders, their overcoming and prevention through special correctional training and education.
In our time, there is a tendency when watching TV, a computer, and other modern electronic devices replaces live communication. Not to mention other reasons that affect the development of speech: these are pathologies during pregnancy and childbirth, infectious diseases of the 1st year of a child’s life, adverse environmental factors, and the social sphere. Increasingly, there are cases when, according to the indicators of hardware research, all speech zones are preserved, but speech is absent. As a result of this situation, it becomes necessary to find a speech therapist – a professional who is able to understand the causes and eliminate the consequences of speech defects.
Logopedic work is carried out in different directions:
– formation and development of passive and active vocabulary;
– development of the rhythmic side of speech, proper breathing, speech tempo;
– development of fine motor skills;
– formation of phonemic attention and hearing;
– setting sounds and activating them in speech;
– formation of grammatically correct speech;
– development of dialogic and monologue speech;
– development of thinking, attention, memory, elementary mathematical concepts;
– assistance in social adaptation.
And only a professional approach, a comprehensive solution to the problem will help your child in accordance with his capabilities for the full development of speech.
The duration of one lesson is up to 45 minutes.